Earth nature field

European Unity

Political discussion, debates, and whatnot. Keep it civil.
Gangleri
Trogdor

Trogdor
Belief System: Asatru
Title: Thrall

European Unity

Post by Gangleri »

This topic is mostly for European heathens, though others are of course free to engage in conversation.

My question is, do you think a closer unification between European nations under a democratically elected European Parliament (Id assume its power relative to the EU would grow as the Eu's power relative over the individual nations grows) is desirable? Or should national sovereignty be held as key?

I should note that further political integration does not necceceraly mean cultural unification, ''unity trough diversity'' éh?

If there's enough interest Ill make a Poll.
''Young and alone on a long road,
Once I lost my way:
Rich I felt when I found another;
Man rejoices in man''
~Wodan
Marcus
Bumblebee
Belief System: Just Heathen

Re: European Unity

Post by Marcus »

That's a tough question and there's no easy answer. Personally I believe the Euro was a mistake - I'm fairly sure that's a common view. However the isolationist view of many in the UK is also silly - I think the common market was a good move. Beyond that - I'm not convinced.

One issue is that "Europe" has grown - for example to include Bulgaria, Turkey etc. In addition, national referendums have been ignored (Ireland is a good example here).

My heart has a lot of sympathy with UKIP but my brain thinks it's far more complex.
Gangleri
Trogdor

Trogdor
Belief System: Asatru
Title: Thrall

Post by Gangleri »

Being from a (small) island myself I can understand the UK's desire for independence. And economicly I could see why some might want to focus more on the US then us continentals.

I hope however for more then just economic unity (like the common market), but political cooperation.

The Dutch referendum was also essentially ignored. But I can see why, a lot of the cited arguments against the treaty where simply misconceptions and factual untruths. The big problem with allowing people a more direct vote in matters is that people don't think ''European'' yet, let alone globally. Once the interest of a Pole and a Spaniard are on equal footing with that of a Brit and a Dutchman in the minds of the voting people we can have that.

The growing of the EU happened constricted I think. We have been to easy and to trusting of approval to newer states, letting them into the Euro before they where ready. We made good rules but did not abide by them.

My instinct and hearth says to be pro-EU, but like you pointed out it is obviously far more complex.
''Young and alone on a long road,
Once I lost my way:
Rich I felt when I found another;
Man rejoices in man''
~Wodan
Wodenborn
Loktar

Loktar
Belief System: Anglo-Saxon Heathen
Title: Sceadugangan

Post by Wodenborn »

Personally, and lets face it this topic is a personal viewpoint

we should never have joined the EU...Britain has a naturally Island mentality and we pride ourselves on being apart from Europe and not for being a part of it

I like the things that make us British, the things that make the Germans,German and the Dutch, Dutch...what i don't like is being pounded into a One size fits all hole that is as uncomfortable as fur lined trousers.

and before I get the accusation levelled at me I will have nothing to do with UKIP nor the BNP or even the reactionary wing of the Conservative party - that way leads to madness last seen in the 1930s and 40s

close ties and good friends yes...integration into a single entity No
Hold the Heathen Hammer high with a battle cry
For the pagan past I live and one day will die

(Tyr 2009)
Vildsvin
Bumblebee

Post by Vildsvin »

Each nation shouid be by itself. The United Nations has done nothing but serve to enforce global currency and central banking. That is the main objective in my opinion. Looking at history in a whole it is obviously not good idea. Every nation has strong Nationalist elements that will disagree with outside influence one way or another. It is better to be small and have a big family than to belong to some made up banking club that hides its members.
nandini01
Egil

Egil

Post by nandini01 »

TheSmash Karts 76 you can play online on PC or mobile without any charge and downloading. Smash Karts 76 is a multiplayer game. Smash Karts Github is a karts racing game. You can play Smash Karts online for free on your computer. To playSmash Karts i.o go to Smash Karts and start playing online for free. Unlock Smash Karts i.o. Start playing Smash Karts Premium on your computer without any signup and win Smash Karts Racing. Play Smash Karts 2 online for free today because you do not need any registration or signup to play Smash Karts game online.
nandini01
Egil

Egil

Post by nandini01 »

Start playing Bubble Shooter Game Free without any restrictions and registration and in the shooter game you have to burst the bubbles.Playsmash karts unblocked in full screen without downloading the game on your device. Unblocked smash karts game is free io Multiplayer Kart Battle Arena game.Play smashkarts a dynamic 3D multiplayer game that combines kart racing and intense battles. Online smash karts game is free to play in any web browser.Play online smash kart without any restriction in full screen of your device. Face off with other players in the online smash kart game for 3 or more minutes of kart-smashing mayhem.Play the smash karts unblocked 76 online engaging multiplayer combat game. You don’t need any download or signup to play the game online in your web browser.
nandini01
Egil

Egil

Post by nandini01 »

Play smash karts free game Kart Battle Arena game. Smash kart free game is compatible for web browsers that you can play online for free on your device from anywhere. Play super smash flash based on super mario bros series on your device. Battle it out with 28 different characters in the flash super smash game free online game. Play the most exciting Kart race ever with smash karts poki Enjoy the fun game smash karts online for free, customize your kart and character. Play Bubble Shooter Free Online and win points by shooting bubbles of the same color. Remember that bubble shooter games are available for free online.Start playing Free Bubble Shooter Games game on computer and win points by matching 3 colors and clear levels.
nandini01
Egil

Egil

Post by nandini01 »

Burst the Shooter Bubble and win as many points as possible. In Shooter Bubble game you do not need any kind of register or login. The Bubble Shooter Games allows to play with free feature and shooter game can be played online without any download or signup. Play bubble shooter unblocked 76 and shoot by matching three or more bubbles of the same color to score points in Bubble Shooter. Thefree online bubble shooter is available on both computers and mobile phones. No registration required to play Bubble Shooter game online for free.Our Free Games you can play on PC, tablet, or mobile without any downloads or purchases.
nandini01
Egil

Egil

Post by nandini01 »

The Play Games and achieve heights in the world of online games. There is no restriction of any kind to play the game here nor do you have to pay any amount for any online game. 2048 game without downloading or email registration and you can play 2048 games on any device – iPhone, iPad or any other smartphone. To play 2048 games combine the same numbers and try to reach the 2048 animation. You can join 2048 game without any downloading and email registration. 2048 game unblocked Unblocked is played with optimal strategy and with the help of AI/Bots in 2048 Game Unblocked you can not only aim for a higher score faster but also challenge yourself.2048 game 2048 Play the 2048 game on a 4x4 grid using the arrows or W, A, S, D keys alternatively. You can play 2048 online on iPhone, iPad or any other smartphone.