Speak your mind here.
Bathilde
Egil

Egil
Belief System: Fyrnsidu
Title: Thegn

Homeopathy

Post by Bathilde »

Homeopathy(the idea you treat illness by mimicking the symptoms) is not the same as herbalism(using plants and fungi to treat illness/symptoms). Homeopathy put in a bit of something in water(that something is supposed to recreate the symptoms which teaches your body to fight the illness off, not unlike vaccinations), and the water dilutes the "something" so much that it's essentially just water. Homeopathy advocates think water has "memory" and can "remember" the qualities of the "something" that was put in it.

It's just expensive water. It doesn't work, it's never worked. Research shows it doesn't fare better than placebo.
Kitta
Trogdor

Trogdor
Belief System: Just Heathen
Title: Fjoellkunnigrkona

Re: Homeopathy

Post by Kitta »

Wow ... I'd never heard of that, but I am sad that I have now, lol. I clicked on it because I thought homeopathy just meant home remedies like herbs, meditation, or asanas. This is just depressing, though I guess I have heard worse ... though not by much lol
"I give my word to the Divine, the community, and myself, that to the best of my ability I shall take into my hands the threads of Frith I have been blessed with and weave them with diligence and care throughout the lives of all that I touch."
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

Mitchell and Webb are brilliant:

schwarzesonne
Loktar

Loktar

Post by schwarzesonne »

Like any other method of healing, some swear by homeopathy and some completely reject it. What works for one person may not work for another. I've tried only a few remedies from this school of thought and they did nothing for me. But I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that someone else shouldn't try it. At least it's less invasive than industrial medicine so there's less chance of it causing other problems.
~~Steve Anthonijsz
Triuwa enti êra!
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

Homeopathy has caused problems(including death), so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.