Earth nature field

Kindred and such

Speak your mind here.
Deleted User 72

Re: Kindred and such

Post by Deleted User 72 »

I am relatively new to Heathenry so starting my own kindred is beyond me right now.

I have heard gossip about a group forming near Pittsburgh, but I have seen nothing definite.
Bathilde
Egil

Egil
Belief System: Fyrnsidu
Title: Thegn

Post by Bathilde »

bump
Sjpielsewolf Wotanson
Bumblebee
Belief System: Just Heathen

Post by Sjpielsewolf Wotanson »

nope people here are very much onto themselves - but of course i have a wife and 3 lovely kids, and we do have the annual festivals and stuff - I wouldnt mind it tho to have more social contacts in that angle, but to me it is important that that it is really local - so people living nearby, not 2 or 3 hours away. As far as I know nothing like that is here.
Stormingwulf
Bumblebee

Post by Stormingwulf »

I'm a member of Runatyr Kindred located in Ottawa.

My wife and I also practice our faith in a homestead or hearth style in our home and will always come first in our lives.

While I adore the folks of Runatyr Kindred and all the time I have had a chance to blot, symbel or ect with them, I'd love to participate in more Anglo-Saxon themed Heathen rites.
Deleted User 72

Post by Deleted User 72 »

A lot has changed in the months since I last visited this forum. I have found a small (but growing) kindred unaffiliated with any national organization. We meet 2 or 3 times a month, and it is good!
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

sounds awesome. what's the name of the kindred?
skuli
Trogdor

Trogdor
Belief System: Just Heathen
Title: Thyle

Post by skuli »

I'm in a kindred, a couple friends and I started our own. There is another kindred near me as well. We are currently in the process of building bonds with them. Its nice when our groups can get together for Blots etc.
Hail Tyr 0=[}
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

Sounds awesome. Do you have a website or facebook page for your kindred?
Glemt
Trogdor

Trogdor
Belief System: Asatru

Post by Glemt »

This thread is a little dated but it's nice to see some activity on the site since my last visit. As for me, I'm not part of a kindred. Main reason is that I feel like I do not belong and the fact that I live too far from the closest kindred.

I feel that I don't belong due to the fact that I am still learning the old ways. It's a personal preference. Others say that you can join regardless but I disagree. Until I am ready is when I will seek others.

Meanwhile, the Internet has been a good way to communicate with other like-minded folk. That is the closest to a kindred as I have ever been, sadly.