Earth nature field

Prominent Heathen Arrested

Fair and balanced.
Deleted User 72

Re: Prominent Heathen Arrested

Post by Deleted User 72 »

Not sure what the appeal of this kindred is. Spent some time on their forums when I was a green and questioning newbie. Most came across as your typical gruff, know-it-all, stick-it-to-the-newbie Heathen that seems to populate internet Heathenry. That went double for Landreth.

As for Stinson, he actually seemed like the friendliest, most laid back of the bunch. But who knows? I'll let the jury decide if he is guilty of the charges against him.
Bathilde
Egil

Egil
Belief System: Fyrnsidu
Title: Thegn

Post by Bathilde »

Landreth is no longer with them btw.
skuli
Trogdor

Trogdor
Belief System: Just Heathen
Title: Thyle

Post by skuli »

Rod has helped me out before answering my questions. he is a very knowledgeable person, his online persona can be a little gruff at times, that is the downside of internet heathenry. Mark is a very nice guy in person and online. I have not followed the story as it is none of business but i would think if he was guilty he would have stepped down as chieftain just knowing him.
Hail Tyr 0=[}
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

And here's the conclusion to Stinson's legal woes.

Ex-KC Cop Admits Stealing 75,000
A former Kansas City police sergeant pleaded guilty Thursday in Platte County Circuit Court to stealing more than $75,000 from his mother.

Mark Stinson, 44, who worked for the department for 17 years, was ordered to pay $76,055 in restitution. Circuit Judge Abe Shafer placed Stinson on five years probation but suspended imposition of the sentence. If Stinson successfully completes probation, the convictions will be removed from his public record.

Stinson was charged in July for misappropriating money that belonged to his 67-year-old mother.
And here is his statement after his guilty plea(I'll point out he doesn't actually admit fault):

My Legal Situation Has Been Resolved
At the beginning of July of 2012, I learned I was being charged with a crime regarding my handling of a joint bank account I had with my mother's during my time as her Power of Attorney. For the past eleven months, I have worked with my attorney to find the best possible resolution to the situation. In order to avoid any possibility of jail time away from my wife and children, today I agreed to a plea bargain that involves me paying back every dollar that the State believes I spent inappropriately. This agreement involves a Suspended Imposition of Sentence, which means that technically it is not a conviction in Missouri and I will avoid becoming a felon. When I have completed my scheduled payments of restitution, it will become a closed record...and go away.
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

Kitta
Trogdor

Trogdor
Title: Fjoellkunnigrkona

Post by Kitta »

JBK always seemed honorable folk. They were friendly enough in person, and I never really had any issue with them online, either. As long as you do your homework, read the lore, and attempt to understand things before asking other people to explain them to you they have been more than wiling to be helpful. They directed me to a plethora of valuable sources of information and answered whatever questions I had as long as they were specific. I liked meeting them in person, though I did very little talking because I was still pretty new and unfamiliar with many details of the lore. I learned a lot just by listening to them.

I'm surprised and saddened to hear Rod left, I hope everyone over there is doing alright.
"I give my word to the Divine, the community, and myself, that to the best of my ability I shall take into my hands the threads of Frith I have been blessed with and weave them with diligence and care throughout the lives of all that I touch."
skuli
Trogdor

Trogdor
Title: Thyle

Post by skuli »

Rod is still around, he just is not an oathed member of the kindred any longer. here is the official statement they released.

At Yule 2012, the members of Jotun's Bane Kindred unanimously agreed to release Rod Landreth from his kindred oath. In January 2013, we informed Rod Landreth of this decision. Rod is no longer a member of Jotun's Bane Kindred. His luck is his own and he does not speak for us nor does he know our mind.

After graduating from college in May of 2012, Rod was publicly put on Sabbatical from Jotun's Bane Kindred in order to explore his employment opportunities, move into a new house, and make decisions on his next steps in life. Rod was privately told that this "time in the woods" was meant to allow Rod to consider how he fit into the goals and thew of our kindred, and to allow the kindred to consider whether they could continue forward with Rod as a kindred member after a year and a half of difficulties.

At the end of his "time in the woods," Jotun's Bane Kindred decided that Rod be released from his Kindred oath for the Kindred's benefit, and perhaps his own. Rod remains a friend and a fellow member of the Heathen Folk Community here in the Kansas City Area. Jotun's Bane Kindred has only well wishes for Rod as he moves on to another chapter in his life.

Mark Ludwig Stinson
Jotun's Bane Kindred
Temple of Our Heathen Gods
Hail Tyr 0=[}
Hrolf
Bumblebee

Post by Hrolf »

He has taken over the facebook Asatru group and blocking, banning, and covering anything he doesn't like being said. Quite sad really.
Bathilde
Egil

Egil

Post by Bathilde »

That's true. One guy got his post removed and was banned for answer a thread about heathen values when he posted "Taking care of your family". Stinson must not like that value. Another person was banned for simply asking if he apologized to his mother, her post was also deleted. Mind you, none of these people have ever been moderated or complained about by anyone, yet stinson describes them as people who've always hated him and are trying to destroy him.

Quite shameful. :x
Hrolf
Bumblebee

Post by Hrolf »

Yea, i had been am Asatru group member for years, I liked a few comments and stinkson removed me. He is a hypocritical fool. His people are blinded like sheep. He reminds me of a certain farnell I once knew.